Using Claws with Zoho Mail
This page contains various tips for using Claws with Zoho Mail. Zoho Mail is one alternative to Gmail, by providing a clean interface, unlimited storage space, no ads, folders, labels and filters, POP and IMAP access, thread view, SSL access and various other bells and whistles in addition to a helpful support service. Importantly, no algorithm peeps through your private e-mails.
To configure Zoho Mail please refer to the official Help entry on generic IMAP configuration. Below are the settings that work on my Debian testing with Claws 3.7.6.
- IMAP server: imap.zoho.com
- SMTP server: smtp.zoho.com
- User ID: your_username
- Auth method: automatic
- SMTP Auth: checked
- SMTP Auth method: automatic
- IMAP4: use SSL
- Send (SMTP): use SSL
- Use non-blocking SSL: unchecked.
- SMTP port: 465
- IMAP4 port: 993
- Put sent in: #mh/Mailbox/sent
- Put queued in: #mh/Mailbox/queue
- Put drafts in: #mh/Mailbox/draft