Latest Release: 3.12.0 (News), on 19 July 2015
Claws Mail has been ported to the Maemo platform for use on Nokia internet
tablets such as the 770, n800, or n810.
Some of the Claws Mail plugins are available:
- AttachWarner : Warns when the user composes a message mentioning an
attachment in the message body without attaching any files to the message.
- AttRemover : Lets you remove attachments from emails.
- Gtkhtml2Viewer: Displays HTML emails.
- mailMBOX : Handles mailboxes in mbox format.
- RSSyl : Allows you to read your favourite newsfeeds in Claws.
RSS 1.0, 2.0 and Atom feeds are currently supported.
- vCalendar : Enables vCalendar message handling like that produced by
Evolution or Outlook, and handles webCal subscriptions. It provides a personal
calendar and public calendar import and export.
To install Claws Mail on OS 2008, click here
Alternatively, for OS 2007 and 2006, you can manually add a new catalog in the Applications Manager:
- Catalogue name: Claws Mail
- Address: http://www.claws-mail.org/maemo
- Distribution: mistral or bora (mistral for OS 2006, bora for 2007)
- Components: user
If you find bugs in Claws Mail, please report them in
, after verifying that it isn't
By default, Claws Mail uses leafpad as the external editor, which can be installed by clicking here
osso-email to claws-mail mailbox conversion
To convert and copy emails from osso-email to claws-mail, first download this script.
In an xterm, launch it with the name of an existing mailbox folder as a parameter.
Example : In claws-mail you have a mailbox named "foo". For this mailbox, a directory "foo" exists in your home directory : ~/foo/
Assume that back.sh is downloaded in the "./MyDocs/.documents/" directory and that the ~/foo/ directory also exists.
Launch the script using:
chmod +x ./MyDocs/.documents/back.sh
Each mailbox in osso-email, and the mail they contain, is copied to the ~/foo directory and the sub-directories are created.
When the script has completed, start Claws Mail again, tap-and-hold the mailbox folder chosen above, and choose "Check for new folders". The folder "osso_to_claws" should appear, containing your Osso emails.