26th March 2017 Claws Mail 3.15.0
CLAWS MAIL RELEASE NOTES
Claws Mail is a GTK+ based, user-friendly, lightweight, and fast
New in this release:
* More granular options on when to open a selected message have been
added. There are now several checkboxes on the Display/Summaries
page of the Preferences which allow a greater flexibility.
* Compose window: Show the total size of attachments on the
* Compose window: Bcc has been added to the headers drop-down list.
* Folder list: Top-level folders can now be copied. They are created
as regular folders in the target mailbox.
* Folder selection dialogue: Left/right keys collapse/expand rows.
Further keypress will move the cursor to parent or first child,
* Menu items: 'Mark all unread [recursively]' has been added to the
folder context menu, message list menu, and the main window menu
* Toolbar actions: Mark, Unmark, Lock, Unlock, Mark [all] read, Mark
[all] unread, Ignore Thread, Watch Thread, and Delete Duplicate
Messages have been added to the main window toolbar's Actions list.
* Account compose signature: The value of the signature file now
takes a path relative to the user's home directory in addition to a
* Icon Themes: Support for SVG themes with icon scaling capabilities
has been added. This requires libRSVG 2.40.5 or newer.
* Hidden preferences: colours for specifying Tags, QuickSearch, and
auto-filled header values have been added, both foreground and
background. Respectively, tags_color, tags_bgcolor,
qs_active_color, qs_active_bgcolor, qs_error_color,
qs_error_bgcolor, default_header_color, and default_header_bgcolor.
* Hidden preferences: warn_sending_many_recipients_num, if greater
than zero, a warning dialogue is shown when the number of
recipients exceeds the number given.
* GData plugin: This plugin now requires libgdata version 0.17.2 or
* TNEF parser plugin: This plugin now uses an external libytnef.
* vCalendar plugin: This plugin now uses an external libical, version
2.0.0 or newer is required.
* Mail Archiver plugin: - updated to support some of the compression
formats up to libarchive 3.2.2
* Several minor UI improvements.
* Updated manual in English and Spanish.
* Updated man page.
* Updated translations: Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Danish,
Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål,
Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish.
* Bug fixes:
o bug 3251, 'A translated In-Reply-To header is sent
o bug 3571, 'recipient list lost and truncated'
o bug 3574, 'Template addressing'
o bug 3582, 'Select folder dialogue does not tell what is
o bug 3673, 'Be more friendly instead of "configure: error:
'encrypt'-function not found."'
o bug 3734, 'undefined symbol error with flex-2.6.2'
o bug 3740, 'Templates information dialog can't be closed
with WM button'
0 bug 3741, 'Deleting an account doesn't delete imapcache'
o bug 3742, 'Attaching file with plus sign in filename via
drag and drop doesn't work'
o bug 3762, 'redirect fails'
o bug 3764, 'Use external libical instead of the internal
o bug 3775, 'Error in string at src/mainwindow.c:4726?'
o bug 3777, 'Weird news dates for some RSS feeds'
o Debian bug 846170, 'incorrect IMAP UID handling'
o Allow sending empty messages in Session (just \r\n).
o fix some main window menu sensitivity issues
o make up/down key navigation obey 'always_show_msg'
o fix text selection when double-clicking quoted text and
'collapse quoted text on double click' is turned off
o fix 'Go to' moving off current, unopened msg, and dialogue
to go to next folder
o obey 'always_show_msg' on "no more [...] msgs. go to next
o make Go to/[Next|Prev] sort order aware
o don't ignore auto-account selection when forwarding on IMAP
and NNTP accounts
o on first run, use --alternate-config-dir (if set) on prefs
migration. prevents useless creation of ~/.claws-mail
o fix colouring of auto-filled headers
o don't remove the To when changing account
o Honour autosave_encrypted preference when using external
o Fix 'search folder' not working in some cases
o Fix build on OSX.
o fix memory leaks
o when renaming folder, only update summaryview folder name
if the current folder is being renamed
o sensitise trayicon's 'get mail' and 'exit'
o Handle timezones correctly in vCalendar.
o Do not hardcode resolv.conf location
o fix building with --disable-deprecated
For further details of the numbered bugs and RFEs listed above
see http://claws-mail.org/bug/[BUG NUMBER]
See ChangeLog for full information regarding changes in this release.
View old news items