14th December 2013 Claws Mail 3.9.3
CLAWS MAIL RELEASE NOTES
Claws Mail is a GTK+ based, user-friendly, lightweight, and fast
New in this release:
* The TAB address completion in the Compose window now matches any
part of the address and not just the beginning.
* When copying or moving a message, the type-ahead search now matches
any part of a folder name and not just the beginning.
* It is now possible to replace the current signature in the Compose
window by using the '/Message/Replace signature' menu item.
* It is now possible to disable the 'Subject is empty' warning
dialogue. See the option 'Warn when Subject is empty' option on the
'/Configuration/Preferences/Mail handling/Sending' page.
* When sending messages, if the hostname cannot be determined,
fallback to 'localhost' rather than 'unknown', as the latter is
rejected by some servers.
* Added better handling of messages from broken mailers, such as
* PDF plugin: the minimum required version of poppler is 0.12.0.
* PGP/* plugin: long key IDs are now displayed in the dialogues
instead of short IDs.
* PGP/* plugin: The automatic signature check is now non-blocking.
* Python plugin: can now access accounts, mailboxes, folder
* vCalendar plugin: webcals:// URLs are now treated as https://
* Translation updates: Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Dutch, French,
German, Hebrew, Slovak, Spanish, and Swedish.
* Support for Maemo has been removed.
* Bug fixes:
o bug 2132, 'Keyboard accelerators for "Clear" and "Edit"
quick search conflict with top menus'
o bug 2210, 'Display name with invalid addresses not quoted
when inserted from address book'
o bug 2794, 'account privacy signing method ignored on reply'
o bug 2923, 'build failure with perl 5.18'
o bug 2940, 'Extended search dialog too small for content in
o bug 2954, 'Crash in "Save Image As" for HTML message'
o bug 2957, 'Double-free in account preferences'
o bug 2960, 'rfc3156 deviation regarding hash symbols'
o bug 2961, 'Partial retrieval not available with PGP/Inline
o bug 2964, 'Lack of escaping of nested double-quotes in To:
o bug 2979, 'claws fails to load (empty) folderlist.xml and
shows account wizard'
o bug 2982, 'variable declaration behind FLOCK conditional'
o bug 2986, 'Down and Delete buttons have same hotkey in
o bug 2989, 'Segfault at startup because of corrupted
o bug 2994, 'translating folder name'
o bug 2995, 'closing extended quick search information panel
triggers window focus bug'
o bug 3002, 'undefined reference to check_file_integrity'
o bug 3004, 'claws picks wrong mime type for attachments'
o bug 3009, '"Rebuild folder tree" causes SIGSEGV if a
directory name isn't valid utf-8'
o bug 3011, 'crash when using %f Action on two or more
uncached (IMAP) messages.'
o bug 3021, 'Icon key_pgp_signed always shows as the default,
never the themed version'
o debian bug 711864, 'claws-mail-vcalendar-plugin: when
creating meeting GTK_IS_COMBO_BOX_TEXT
o Quote all specials in name as defined on RFC,
o fix sensitivity and state of 'hide read threads'
o Fancy plugin: disable DNS Prefetching when 'Enable loading
of remote content' is switched off
o Bogofilter plugin: insert X-Bogosity header like the option
says, not X-Claws-Bogosity header
For further details of the numbered bugs listed above consult
View old news items