GTK3 Porting Checklist
From Claws Mail FAQ
Does not work
- Folderview uses too bright colors for row backgrounds (alternating light gray and even lighter gray).
- Switching between Layout Modes sometimes gets stuck and messes up the display
- Foldersel dialog doesn't show alternating colors in the folder list.
- Fancy doesn't work, hangs indefinitely in webkit_web_view_new().
- Vcalendar week/month views do not work, sometimes even crashes the whole program.
- "gtk-can-change-accels" has been removed: 'GtkSettings:gtk-can-change-accels has been deprecated since version 3.10 and should not be used in newly-written code. This setting is ignored.'
It seems that the only way to re-enable this is to switch to GtkApplication, and write our own acclerator implementation. https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkApplication.html#gtk-application-add-accelerator
Works, but is ugly
- GtkSpinButton is too wide with the -/+ buttons being large and next to each other, instead of small and one above another like in GTK2.
- GtkBox -> GtkGrid (for GTK4)
- GtkUIManager is deprecated in GTK3, to be removed in GTK4