Difference between revisions of "Ideas"
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
wwp: I'd propose to (optionally) embed/dock the edit dialog contents into the AB window,
wwp: I'd propose to (optionally) embed/dock the edit dialog contents into the AB window, . See : editing user info [http://wwp.free.fr/tmp/ab-layout-embed-edit1.png], editing group members [http://wwp.free.fr/tmp/ab-layout-embed-edit2.png]
* use vcard ?
* use vcard ?
Revision as of 15:49, 17 October 2006
- improve layout
It may be important that the embedding of the edit dialog contents into the AB window is made optional (even if done by default), as this new layout might eat more space for some people. More over, users with small screens may like to keep the old scheme, i.e. use the edit dialog instead.
Also, when opening the AB, the edit part should not show, until the user explicitely wants to Edit a contact/group (dble-click on a contact/group, or using the menu entry 'Edit'). Doing this, we won't interfer w/ the way the AB is used when Composing (to add recipients), as there it's more important to see contacts than editing their data. The vertical slider between the contact list and the edit part would allow to see more contacts, but the edit part would be made close-able.
- use vcard ?
- make it a separate application ? ( I'd rather not (think startup time and fast communication between the two apps), but a --addressbook flag would be nice - Colin)
- in account configuration, hide advanced option so that basic options are all under the same tab
- collapsed thread selection
- when clicking on a collapsed thread (for example, when clicking on the subject) => expand all the thread
- when the thread is collapsed and selected, consider all the thread is selected