15th August 2018 Claws Mail 3.17.0
CLAWS MAIL RELEASE NOTES
Claws Mail is a GTK+ based, user-friendly, lightweight, and fast
New in this release:
* the minimum GLib requirement is now 2.28.
* the mimimum GTK+2 requirement is now 2.24.
* nettle is now required, following removal of libcrypt from glibc.
* explicit use of --disable-gnutls is now required if gnuTLS support
is not required.
* SOCKS proxy support has been added.
Global settings can be found on the Mail Handling/Proxy page.
This can be overridden by Account settings on the new Proxy page.
* Accounts can now have their own auto-check intervals, or follow the
* in the options for 'default selection when entering a folder',
'first [...]' has been renamed to 'oldest [...]', and
'newest [...]' items have been added.
* Message List: when changing sort key by clicking column header,
the sort direction is now preserved
* Message View: keypress handling for scrolling, (PgUp/Down, Space,
Backspace), has been improved.
* the Network Log now displays output from LDAP operations.
* "Go to last error" has been added to the Log Window context menu.
* Filtering/Processing: "mark_as_spam" is no longer a final action,
since it does not move the marked message.
* Filtering/Processing: Resent-From and Resent-To have been added in
Any/All header(s) (in Address Book) matcher rules.
* when a Return-Receipt request is received by an unknown address,
the user is now required to choose which Account to send it from.
* Colour Labels: confirmation is asked for when clearing or
overriding existing colour labels.
* Address Book: basic contact merging has been added.
* NetworkManager support: ported from libnm-util/libnm-glib to libnm.
* Dillo plugin: this HTML rendering plugin is now once again
* RSSyl plugin: the modified time is no longer considered when
matching deleted items.
* RSSyl plugin: Handle 404 and other fetch failures better.
* Attachment Remover plugin: the user is now notified about what has
been done when processing multiple selections.
* SpamAssassin plugin: added support for compression (the server must
have compression enabled, and the local spamc too).
* SpamAssassin plugin: disabled SSLv3.
* when using the hidden preference, hide_timezone, the time in the
Date header is converted to UTC.
* various other UI improvements.
* many behind-the-scenes improvements.
* updated translations: Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Czech, Danish,
Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Norwegian Bokmål,
Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional
* bug fixes:
o bug 3754, 'interactive auth dialogs pops endlessly'
o bug 3919, 'manual filtering does not move spam'
o bug 3936, 'LDAP StartTLS does not work for addressbooks'
o bug 3947, 'Build break with --disable-libsm
o bug 3957, 'Claws-Mail 64bit crashes when saving a draft'
o bug 3960, 'Sends unencrypted emails when encryption fails'
o bug 3971, 'Deleted rss feed item reappears as unread on
o bug 3973, ''select all' in summaryview does not
automatically focus the summaryview'
o bug 3978, '"From" column displays both name and email
address for Outbox'
o bug 3984, 'Copy-paste in find/filter field works
o bug 3985, 'an empty progress bar remains after POP mail
o bug 3986, 'IMAP quick search using non-ASCII characters
creates an infinite loop'
o bug 3993, 'Claws Mail connects to IMAP server when it
o bug 4014, '"Work offline" doesn't seem to affect RSS'
o bug 4022, 'Closing "Account Preferences" window opens "Edit
Accounts" window if "Edit Accounts" window has
been opened before at least once'
o bug 4023, 'Fix some small issues'
o bug 4033, 'Claws Mail crashes [malloc(): memory corruption]
while trying to save account password greater
than 136 chars'
o bug 4056, 'Impossible to disable overriding of offline
o bug 4058, '# in extended search description window should
not be translated'
o bug 4068, 'Claws Mail hangs when getting news from a
o actionsrc was not updated after mailbox name change
o two crashes caused by bad GtkListStore management in
o wrong malloc of clamd_socket struct, (CID 1220477)
o vCalendar: possible access to uninitilized folder pointer
o vCalendar: mismatch and unneeded display of unavailable
folder class in warning (CID 1434197)
o vCalendar: Skip whitespace chars at the beginning of ics
o buffer overrun, always writing at buffer size + 1. (CID
o wrong use of pointer-to-array as an array CID 1434191)
o sensitivity of few preferences widgets of the SA plug-in
o compilation using --enable-generic-umpc
o crash in quicksearch keypress handling
o quoting in reply to format=flowed message
o HTML header handling
o 'sort_type' is lost when changing 'sort_key' from
/View/sort the bug was apparent with a descending sort
o Return-Receipts: MDN mail-accountname leak
o auth retry in Managesieve - wrong state variable was being
o memory leaks
For further details of the numbered bugs and RFEs listed above
see https://www.claws-mail.org/bug/[BUG NUMBER]
See ChangeLog for full information regarding changes in this release.
View old news items